The Twilight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Twilight be the next Harry Potter?

+13
book worm
zac_black13
Edwardcullen4ever
Miss-Stella-Ella-Bella
dazzeling_you
bella109
MarcheLovesDBSK
MyBrokenDestiny
twilight<3
lilibug818
YouAreMyLifeNow
masochistic-lioness
katylynnlee
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Will Twilight be the next Harry Potter? Empty Will Twilight be the next Harry Potter?

Post  katylynnlee Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:54 am

Here is an article found by dazzeling_me about how twilight is going to be bigger than most of the movies coming out around the same time.

Enjoy
katylynnlee
katylynnlee
Head Volturi
Head Volturi

Female Number of posts : 1813
Team Edward or Team Jacob? : Switzerland. Also, a proud member of team Jasper.
Registration date : 2007-08-29

http://www.myspace.com/caitylynnlee

Back to top Go down

Will Twilight be the next Harry Potter? Empty Re: Will Twilight be the next Harry Potter?

Post  masochistic-lioness Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:09 am

Hmm I think it was badly written but all the same,TRUE!Twilight just HAS to be bigger Very Happy
masochistic-lioness
masochistic-lioness

Female Number of posts : 9642
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Will Twilight be the next Harry Potter? Empty Re: Will Twilight be the next Harry Potter?

Post  YouAreMyLifeNow Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:25 pm

The movies, maybe - HP movies sucked anyway.
But HP books are - don't shoot me but I think that's just the way it is - much, much better than Twilight, the way they are written I mean. JK Rowling writes way better in my opinion. Well, I should get going now before I get shot, haha =]

YouAreMyLifeNow
No Longer Wandering

Female Number of posts : 680
Team Edward or Team Jacob? : Edward. That goes without saying really.
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post  masochistic-lioness Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:30 pm

YouAreMyLifeNow wrote:The movies, maybe - HP movies sucked anyway.
But HP books are - don't shoot me but I think that's just the way it is - much, much better than Twilight, the way they are written I mean. JK Rowling writes way better in my opinion. Well, I should get going now before I get shot, haha =]

GAH LET ME GET MY GUN!Razz
masochistic-lioness
masochistic-lioness

Back to top Go down

Post  YouAreMyLifeNow Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:32 pm

masochistic-lioness wrote:

Knew it! LOL
Just to be clear I still love Twilight too anyways. But I definitely think JK writes better Wink

YouAreMyLifeNow
No Longer Wandering

Back to top Go down

Post  masochistic-lioness Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:36 pm

YouAreMyLifeNow wrote:

Knew it! LOL
Just to be clear I still love Twilight too anyways. But I definitely think JK writes better Wink

nahhhhhh Twilight totally out does Harry Potter..like come on,J.K Rowling didn't make anyone fall in love with Harry the way we can all fall in love with Edward
masochistic-lioness
masochistic-lioness

Back to top Go down

Post  YouAreMyLifeNow Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:44 pm

YouAreMyLifeNow wrote:

Knew it! LOL

nahhhhhh Twilight totally out does Harry Potter..like come on,J.K Rowling didn't make anyone fall in love with Harry the way we can all fall in love with Edward

I might disagree, but I don't think that's the point anyway - I think she's better with words, she puts far more details into her stories..
And also (this isn't the point either but still Laughing), she made me cry, while Stephenie.. well at least not yet =P

YouAreMyLifeNow
No Longer Wandering

Back to top Go down

Post  masochistic-lioness Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:53 pm

gah ive cried SO many times reading Twilight!
masochistic-lioness
masochistic-lioness

Back to top Go down

Post  lilibug818 Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:58 pm

Hm....I did cry during Harry Potter books and not during Twilight, but that isn't necessarily a guarantee of who's the better writer. I mean, the way I see it they are in different categories, since Harry Potter honestly appeals to more people. But I still maintain that SM is a fantastic writer, even though she writes differently than JK Rowling. It's difficult to compare authors whose styles are so different. I love both books but Twilight is just so fantastic...Smile
lilibug818
lilibug818
Finding It Extremely Difficult

Female Number of posts : 504
Team Edward or Team Jacob? : Jacob. For me it's not even a question.
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  masochistic-lioness Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:02 pm

dont get me wrong people,i was once more obsessed with HP than I am with Twilight but SM just brings something so different into her books,and yeah,they cant really be compared,HP is for kids as well as adults but i dont knowmany 6 year olds that Twilight sould appeal to
masochistic-lioness
masochistic-lioness

Back to top Go down

Post  twilight<3 Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:49 pm

Harry Potter and Twilight are both incredible books. I don't think there will ever be another book that will replace either one of them. Do I think Twilight is the next Harry Potter? - In fame, I believe it will be quite as famous but, in story - no. Harry Potter is a totally different plot, there is none of the intense romance like in Twilight and there is much more magic involved in the HP series. I am also extremely loyal to all the Harry Potter books ( I don't like the movies because they cut so much out from the book) which resulted from the first time I read them; which started in 3rd grade. Both novels are intriguing in their own way, and neither could replace each other. If I wanted romance and dark action, I'll read Twilight - If I wanted magic and wizards, I'll read Harry Potter. Other then that, I think both stories are equally as good and I will never suggest the one story would replace the other; They're just too amazing and realistic to do so.
I also feel kind of protective of Harry Potter, even though I love Twilight, I've been reading HP for years and when someone comments and says stuff like Twilight is way better then HP or that Twilight will beat HP, - I am always a bit offended. I just can't see any book replacing HP, but I am almost certain Twilight will have a fan base almost as large as those of Harry Potter. & hopefully - the movie is better.
twilight<3
twilight<3
Struggling

Female Number of posts : 186
Team Edward or Team Jacob? : Team Edward and Team Jacob - no discussion, I like them both.
Registration date : 2008-03-14

http://myspace.com/live4oceanlife

Back to top Go down

Post  MyBrokenDestiny Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:59 pm

twilight<3 wrote:Harry Potter and Twilight are both incredible books. I don't think there will ever be another book that will replace either one of them. Do I think Twilight is the next Harry Potter? - In fame, I believe it will be quite as famous but, in story - no. Harry Potter is a totally different plot, there is none of the intense romance like in Twilight and there is much more magic involved in the HP series. I am also extremely loyal to all the Harry Potter books ( I don't like the movies because they cut so much out from the book) which resulted from the first time I read them; which started in 3rd grade. Both novels are intriguing in their own way, and neither could replace each other. If I wanted romance and dark action, I'll read Twilight - If I wanted magic and wizards, I'll read Harry Potter. Other then that, I think both stories are equally as good and I will never suggest the one story would replace the other; They're just too amazing and realistic to do so.
I also feel kind of protective of Harry Potter, even though I love Twilight, I've been reading HP for years and when someone comments and says stuff like Twilight is way better then HP or that Twilight will beat HP, - I am always a bit offended. I just can't see any book replacing HP, but I am almost certain Twilight will have a fan base almost as large as those of Harry Potter. & hopefully - the movie is better.

Go you! Those are my exact thoughts too!!
I love them both for different reasons and both have a special place in my heart, neither can replace the other.
MyBrokenDestiny
MyBrokenDestiny
Official Site Graphics Team Member

Female Number of posts : 96
Team Edward or Team Jacob? : Edward, forever.
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.livejournal.com/sarahdoesdesign

Back to top Go down

Post  MarcheLovesDBSK Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:57 pm

YouAreMyLifeNow wrote:

Knew it! LOL

Wraffle, yeah I agree with you. Except I don;t think the HP movies were THAT bad. :]
MarcheLovesDBSK
MarcheLovesDBSK

Female Number of posts : 538
Team Edward or Team Jacob? : ^Switzerland, please.
Registration date : 2007-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post  MarcheLovesDBSK Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:59 pm

twilight<3 wrote:Harry Potter and Twilight are both incredible books. I don't think there will ever be another book that will replace either one of them. Do I think Twilight is the next Harry Potter? - In fame, I believe it will be quite as famous but, in story - no. Harry Potter is a totally different plot, there is none of the intense romance like in Twilight and there is much more magic involved in the HP series. I am also extremely loyal to all the Harry Potter books ( I don't like the movies because they cut so much out from the book) which resulted from the first time I read them; which started in 3rd grade. Both novels are intriguing in their own way, and neither could replace each other. If I wanted romance and dark action, I'll read Twilight - If I wanted magic and wizards, I'll read Harry Potter. Other then that, I think both stories are equally as good and I will never suggest the one story would replace the other; They're just too amazing and realistic to do so.

exactly!! you took the words right out of my mouth.
MarcheLovesDBSK
MarcheLovesDBSK

Female Number of posts : 538
Team Edward or Team Jacob? : ^Switzerland, please.
Registration date : 2007-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post  bella109 Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:01 pm

Please do not double post. Thanks!
~TTF Staff
bella109
bella109
Volturi and RENTing a Wicked apartment on Avenue Q
Volturi and RENTing a Wicked apartment on Avenue Q

Female Number of posts : 3097
Team Edward or Team Jacob? : Team Edward
Registration date : 2007-08-23

http://www.twitter.com/bella109

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:22 am

personally i think HP has better writing, but twilight has the better story. i do not think that twilight will be the next HP, but like others have said, it probable will be, if not more so, more popular than HP.

Back to top Go down

Post  dazzeling_you Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:08 pm

YouAreMyLifeNow wrote:

Knew it! LOL

I really like HP, but I'm a sucker for romance witch is something the JK failed to put a lot of into her books.
Also I must agree the HP movies SUCK, me and my friend spent the entire time yelling at the screen about all the things they did wrong. I sure hope that the twilight movies are better!
As for who writes better, I'm not really sure. They both have their own ways of writing witch are quite diffrent, so I think it's a tie!
dazzeling_you
dazzeling_you
Seeking a Profession

Female Number of posts : 1665
Team Edward or Team Jacob? : Team Emmentt and Team Jace because shadow hunters are just as cool as Vampires!
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post  YouAreMyLifeNow Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:48 pm

I agree in absolutely everything, you can't compare the stories because they're definitely different. I only think that JK is a better writer -her style, I mean- than Stephenie.
Other than that, I never said that HP was better than Twilight or that I liked it better, I love them both and I always will!

And I do hope that this movie will be better than HP's. At least, they've started off better because HP was doomed ever since they moment they made the casting in my opinion Mad
And this time I'm quite happy with the choices, Kristen and Rob seem perfect for their roles

YouAreMyLifeNow
No Longer Wandering

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss-Stella-Ella-Bella Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:55 pm

Twilight already is the next Harry Potter. Lol.
Miss-Stella-Ella-Bella
Miss-Stella-Ella-Bella
Gossip without Sunlight

Female Number of posts : 5710
Team Edward or Team Jacob? : TEAM EMMETT 100% But also Team Jakeward!-The WEREPIRE!!!
Registration date : 2007-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post  masochistic-lioness Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:57 pm

Miss-Stella-Ella-Bella wrote:Twilight already is the next Harry Potter. Lol.

yeah see,Mimi said it in way simpler terms and shes totally correct Very Happy
masochistic-lioness
masochistic-lioness

Back to top Go down

Post  Edwardcullen4ever Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:32 pm

YouAreMyLifeNow wrote:
YouAreMyLifeNow wrote:

Knew it! LOL

I might disagree, but I don't think that's the point anyway - I think she's better with words, she puts far more details into her stories..
And also (this isn't the point either but still Laughing), she made me cry, while Stephenie.. well at least not yet =P
OMG I was in hysterics (crying) when edward left. But when people died in the harry potter series i was not effected too much. i think they are both excellent authors but when I read Twilight I could picture every little detail. THe way every little thing looked without even thinking about it. In HP i had to think a little harder about everything. I personally like SM's writing better than JK Rowlings.
Edwardcullen4ever
Edwardcullen4ever

Female Number of posts : 505
Team Edward or Team Jacob? : TEAM EDWARD!!!!!!!! *sighs dreamily*
Registration date : 2007-12-25

Back to top Go down

Post  masochistic-lioness Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:37 pm

Hmm actually I must admit,
Spoiler:
Sad gah what a depressing book that was Sad
masochistic-lioness
masochistic-lioness

Back to top Go down

Post  twilight<3 Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:38 pm

By that I hope you mean in fame not in story. Nothing could ever replace the Harry Potter series.
twilight<3
twilight<3
Struggling

Female Number of posts : 186
Team Edward or Team Jacob? : Team Edward and Team Jacob - no discussion, I like them both.
Registration date : 2008-03-14

http://myspace.com/live4oceanlife

Back to top Go down

Post  zac_black13 Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:44 pm

Acctually No..... Allthough I am a Harry potter fan. Harry potter is a good series but Twilight is better Writen!!!!! And she keeps on righting.
zac_black13
zac_black13
Living in Shadow

Male Number of posts : 279
Location : Well, Im not so sure anymore. Talking to dead poeple?
Team Edward or Team Jacob? : Team....Hereos.
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss-Stella-Ella-Bella Sun May 04, 2008 6:36 pm

twilight<3 wrote:

By that I hope you mean in fame not in story. Nothing could ever replace the Harry Potter series.

Yes, I mean fame lol
Miss-Stella-Ella-Bella
Miss-Stella-Ella-Bella
Gossip without Sunlight

Female Number of posts : 5710
Team Edward or Team Jacob? : TEAM EMMETT 100% But also Team Jakeward!-The WEREPIRE!!!
Registration date : 2007-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next